Building Influence Online (Social Media)
We are part of a social era that teaches us to conform to this world, that being vulnerable, raw and real is the best way to build your business online, right?
Are you being taught a method that is displeasing to your Father in heaven?
Is this social media method destroying your Influence as a Leader?
Where do you draw the line?
You want to please God but you're not sure what a Kingdom Entrepreneur should look like in this social media era of online Influencers...
There are two main trends taught on social media nowadays in order to gain followers in today’s market:
- One is to show yourself in the raw and as vulnerable. The problem with this approach is that some go too far and lay out all their dirty laundry (i.e. sins) in the open. In doing so, they claim they’re only human and that it’s o.k. because people can relate to them better this way. According to many experts, this method makes your followers feel like you “understand them” and makes you more “relatable”.
- The second approach is known as the “Fake it till you make it”. This method is used to portray yourself as someone who has it made, even though you may be struggling. This is basically lying about your success and pretending to be something or someone you’re not in order to attract followers and/or clients.
Nobody likes a fake. And yet, so many entrepreneurs out there behave as if they are multi millionaires, and the truth is they are broke, in more ways than one.
That’s just plain wrong.
As kingdom entrepreneurs God calls us to be honest, truthful, and yet to maintain our posture and integrity.
There is a definite and delicate balance between being real (raw) and keeping your posture (influence).
This isn’t always easy to do because you have those down moments when you may feel as if you can’t deliver what’s expected of you.
We get it. We feel your pain.
So, this week’s podcast is all about being real and keeping your posture: How we should act as Kingdom Entrepreneurs.
In this Episode You Will:
- Learn the main mistakes Christians make in trying to position themselves as authorities in their niche.
- Avoid giving the enemy opportunities to hit you where it hurts.
- Get valuable wisdom for your online and social media marketing.
- Learn the one thing you can do to achieve the ultimate balance between “being real and relatable” and “keeping your posture” every single time you put yourself out there.
Memorable Quotes & Verses:
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” - Jiddu Krishnamurti
“He doesn’t have all the answers, but he knows someone who does.”
(Billy Graham Evangelistic Association Billboard ad for one of his crusades)
"Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out."
"The integrity of the upright guides them, but the unfaithful are destroyed by their duplicity." (sharp practice, swindling)
"Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.”
- Matthew 5:48