What is Servant Leadership?
Servant leadership. The first time I heard the term, I was in my twenties. While I understood where the term came from, and to a certain degree what it meant, I still had a long way to go in applying it.
First of all, the term itself seems like a comical contradiction. The two words seem like they don’t belong together. And yet, for Kingdom leaders, it just fits in line with other Kingdom principles.
The least we can say is that the Kingdom of God is, unlike most of our latest tech, counter intuitive. Indeed, the Kingdom is a system of…
1. Exaltation through Humility (James. 4:10)
2. Strength through Weakness (2 Corinthians 12:10)
3. Freedom through Servitude (Romans 6:18)
4. Gaining through Losing (Philippians 3:7-8)
5. Living through Dying (John 12:24)
6. Finding through Losing (Matthew 10:39)
7. Receiving through Giving (Acts 20:35)
And to that list, we could add Leading through serving.
In this episode, we’ll look at just how essential servant-leadership is in the Kingdom of God.
How important is it, you ask?
Well, as the old American Express ad used to say: Don’t leave home without it.
Watch Full Broadcast:
How did this episode encourage you to serve others as a Kingdom Leader?